Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Fawlty Showers 2


Maybe Some Good Will Come Of It

Katy was beaming when she walked into the staff meeting that morning. 


“Pregnancy going well?” I asked.


“My ex just texted me he won’t be paying child-support because the baby could be anybody’s.”


I stared for a moment. “He’s dodging his responsibilities and questioning your morals. I’m not sure why that makes you happy.”


“He didn’t know it, but I didn’t really need his support. What I needed was him out of my life. A good thing came from a bad situation.”


I thought of the ways I’d seen good come from a bad situation. My drinking had gotten bad, but sobriety taught me to enjoy everything else in life. 


A friend had discovered he wasn’t cut out for the military within a week of enlisting, but had learned self-discipline that served him well in civilian life.


Another friend had beaten two bouts of cancer as a child. He became a doctor because he so admired the doctors who’d saved his life.


This list went on.


Today I’ll be grateful when good comes from a bad situation.

  

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

  • www.greenbriartraining.com 
  • https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

No comments:

Post a Comment