Friday, October 15, 2021

 

Fawlty Showers 2

Do It Anyway

When I sat down in my office I realized I had no desire whatsoever to work.


I thought about a story a therapist at one of my trainings had told me.


His client had walked three miles in a blizzard to meet his dealer.  The man traded his prize possession, a full-length down Philadelphia Eagles coat, and the last little bit of money he had, for heroin. He then walked home through the blinding snow in just a T-shirt.


This same man had called the therapist to say he didn’t feel like going to an NA meeting three blocks away. A light spring rain was falling.


“What did you tell him?” I had asked the therapist.


“I told him to do it anyway.  If people only did what they felt like doing the world would grind to a halt.”


I doubted the world would grind to a halt if I didn’t finish the paperwork piling up on my desk, but I took his advice.  With a heavy sigh, I did it anyway.

 


Today I’ll do it anyway.

 

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available:

  • www.greenbriartraining.com 
  • https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

No comments:

Post a Comment