Thursday, October 28, 2021

Fawlty Showers 2
 

Essentially

After group, I took the young man aside. He told me how much he wanted to stay sober and be a good father.


 “Do you know how you stay sober a long time, how you become an AA oldtimer?” I asked.


He shook his head.


“You don’t drink and you don’t die.”


He looked out the window and said, “Gotta be more to it than that.”


“There is, but that’s where it starts. Not drinking isn’t enough, but it’s essential. You want to be a good father? Be dependable. It’s not enough, but it’s essential.”


He finally looked at me. “And you can’t be dependable if you’re drunk all the time. I get it. Start with the essentials.”

 

Today I will start with the essentials.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

  • www.greenbriartraining.com 
  • https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

No comments:

Post a Comment