Monday, December 5, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

Never Ending

Two weeks later Dana announced she had been recruited by another rehab.

“Gonna miss you,” I said. “You’re a big part of why this place works so well.”

She laughed, “I’ll miss you, but I’m sure Fawlty Showers will be fine without me.”

I hugged her, a little sad knowing an era was ending.

After she left, I turned to DD the Bunny and said with a sigh, “All good things must come to an end, or so they say.”

His ears twitched. He disagreed. I thought about it.

“Maybe you’re right,” I said to the rabbit. I recalled all the years I’d had with my parents after I got sober. I remembered how they’d loved  Dr. Deb, Brat Boy, and Blondie, how happy they were to spend the day at our house.

They were gone, but the memories stayed with me, always bringing a smile to my face.


Today I know really good things never come to an end.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

•                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S
 

No comments:

Post a Comment