Thursday, December 1, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

Dana Threatens to Cut Me

After group I was sitting in my office when Katy walked in with Dana in tow.

“I wanted to tell you both in person,” Katy said.

Uh Oh.

“I got a job where I can work from home.  It’s a better situation for Kara and me.”

Being the saner person, I congratulated Katy and said I would miss her and Baby Kara.

Dana, being Dana, said, “Absolutely not! I will find out who you work for and make them think twice about hiring you. “I’ll tell them you steal. And you don’t recycle. And you’re mean to your dog. And...”

Dana ran out of ‘ands’, shaking her head in frustration.

Katy laughed at Dana, hugged us both, and went back to her desk.

Dana turned to me, and with real menace in her voice, said, “Quote the Serenity Prayer and I’ll cut you.”

“To accept the things I cannot change,” I said.

 

Today I’ll  try to accept the things I cannot change.


Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

•                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

 

No comments:

Post a Comment