Thursday, December 22, 2022

Novella

 

Push

A friend who annoyed and inspired me by succeeding in just about everything he did texted to see how the novella was coming along.

I texted ‘fine.’ He asked me to define ‘fine.’ I wrote back that fine could be a financial penalty for bad behavior, or refer to the size of particles, or …’

He sent me a laughing emoji, and asked me to define ‘equine posterior’ because that’s what I was being.

I told him the word count. Not a big number.

He told me in a nice way to put my posterior in a chair and write.

Over the years people had pushed me in different ways. I’d almost always resented them at first, but was happy later if I did what they suggested. 

Later that night, after I finished writing another chapter, I told my laptop I’d try to be grateful for people who pushed me, even if they were annoying.

Today I’ll try to be grateful for people who push me.

Novella is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

•                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible


No comments:

Post a Comment