Friday, December 23, 2022

Novella

 

Happy Humbug!

Instead of working on my novella, I started the next day’s blog.

The holidays were fast approaching, and I tried to write something cheery and upbeat.  I wanted to include whatever holidays people who read my blog were likely to celebrate.

‘Whatever you celebrate, have the best holidays any human being has ever had since the dawn of time!’ seemed cheerful, but a little wordy.  I tried to shorten it, but couldn’t come up with anything I liked.

I settled on “Happy Holidays!’ not feeling so happy I couldn’t write anything original, but sincerely hoping people really did enjoy their holidays.

My inner grinch awoke in a foul mood, even for an inner grinch.

‘Add something about not winding up in the hospital, jail, or divorce court because of the dumb things you did after your fifth eggnog,’ he said.

I told him to shut up. He told me he hoped some low-hanging mistletoe poked me in the eye. I told him he was jealous because I was tall and he was imaginary.

Our argument ended when I agreed to add a warning to my holiday greeting.

“Happy Holidays!” (Don’t do anything you’re going to regret.)

Today I hope people enjoy their holidays without doing anything they’ll regret.

 

Novella is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

•                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible


No comments:

Post a Comment