Thursday, December 29, 2022

Novella

 

Just For Today

Later that night I was watching TV in bed with the cat on my lap and the dog beside me.

Thinking about the big change I’d made got me thinking about small changes I’d like to make.

I’d put on a little weight over the holidays, mostly from snacking.

“Tomorrow,” I said to the cat, “and maybe just tomorrow, I’m not going to eat between meals.”

The cat looked doubtful, but the dog wagged her tail with enthusiasm.

I looked at the cat, gestured toward the dog, and said, “That’s why the dog is my favorite.”

 

Today, I’ll make one small change, and stick to it, if only for today.

 

Novella is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

•                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

No comments:

Post a Comment