Friday, December 9, 2022

Novella

 

Beware the Nevers

My daughter Blondie had stopped by to drop off her chinchilla for my wife and I to babysit.

“Heard you’re starting another novel,” Blondie said, hugging me.

“I am,” I said. “Maybe not a full-length novel, more of a novella."

“Beware the nevers,” she reminded me. We started listing them.

“Telling yourself you’ll never succeed is a way to guarantee you won’t.”

“People who never try never have a word of encouragement for people who do. Never listen to them, Daddy.”

“Never mistake self-doubt for a reason to stop once you’ve begun.”

The list went on.  I thought about all the people I’d known who got past the nevers to change their lives.

As she was leaving, Blondie said, “Never tell Brat Boy I am, and always will be, your favorite child. It would break his poor, deluded heart.”

 

Today I’ll get past the nevers.

 

Novella is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

•                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

No comments:

Post a Comment