Monday, December 12, 2022

Novella

Success
After Blondie left, I thought about our conversation.  It struck how much happiness rests on the way we define success.

If I defined success as cranking out 100 rambling pages my family advised me to either never show anyone, or publish under a pseudonym, I wasn’t likely to be happy in the long-run.

Likewise, if I defined success as writing a best-seller, winning a Pulitzer, and selling the moving rights, I was likely to be a just a little disappointed.

If I defined success as writing something I could be proud of, I was most likely to be happy.

Looking at my life, I realized I was happiest when I did more than I had to, the best I could, without beating myself up for not being perfect.

 

Today I’ll be careful how I define success.


Novella is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

•                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment