Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

 

What’s in the Box?

A month later Dana and Katy were both gone.

Corporate announced they were moving us to a bigger building they had leased. Our new landlords made it clear DD the Bunny was not welcome.

Randy and his boss at Corporate tried to argue that DD was an emotional support rabbit. No dice.

As I cleaned out DD’s cage, missing Dana and Katy, angry with the landlords, I had an idea.  I poured DD’s litter into a small box and addressed it to the building manager.

I almost mailed the box, but realized I was just making a bad situation worse. I might feel less angry, but I’d look like a spoiled brat, unable to accept not getting his own way.

“Can’t let my anger make a bad situation worse,” I said to DD.  He shrugged his shoulders, as if to say, ‘Why not?’ Rabbits have notoriously poor judgment.


Today I won’t let anger make a bad situation worse.

 Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

•                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S


No comments:

Post a Comment