Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Novella

 

Proud

I texted her back to say I was proud of her. Even though she described herself as a follower, she’d stopped following her family’s pattern of daily drinking.

She responded with an eye-roll emoji, and ‘It’s your job to tell people you’re proud of their progress.’

‘True,’ I texted back, ‘but that doesn’t mean I don’t mean it.’

She didn’t answer right away. I continued. ‘Forget about me. How about you make a list of reasons to be proud of yourself.’

She sent a smiling emoji. ‘I can do that,’ she wrote. ‘But I don’t want to become arrogant.’

‘Pride doesn’t become arrogance until you start looking down on others. Be proud.’

 

Today I will make a list of reasons to be proud of myself.

 

Novella is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

•                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

No comments:

Post a Comment