Thursday, January 12, 2023

Novella

 

Short-Run, Long-Run, Bored Dog

Even though I’d saved the world, or at least some of Pittsburgh’s suburbs, from the ferret horde, I felt bad. I hadn’t wanted to hurt Sam’s feelings.

On the other hand, I thought I’d probably saved him from a furry disaster in the making.

I said to the dog, “Doing the right thing is the opposite of an addiction.”

She cocked her head to the side.

“When you feed that addiction, you may feel good in the short-run, but suffer in the long-run. Doing the right thing feels bad in the short-run, but has benefits in the long-run.”

I started to tell her how getting sober had been difficult at first, but had turned my life around. She rolled over and went to sleep. She’d heard my story before.

 

Today I may suffer a little in the short-run to benefit in the long-run.

 

Novella is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

•                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible


No comments:

Post a Comment