Thursday, January 26, 2023

Novella

 

Take Care

I got a call from someone asking if I could recommend a therapist.

Her brother had been diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer’s. She had thought his forgetfulness was due to his heavy drinking.  The alcohol had only worsened his diabetes.

“I’m the only one he’s got,” she said, “and I’m already feeling overwhelmed.  I kinda resent him. I need to talk to someone to help me sort this out.”   

Knowing she had a tough road ahead, she was determined to take care of herself.

“I’m no good to him if I don’t take care of me,” she said.

I thought her situation was extreme, but many of us would be wise to take better care of ourselves, for our own sake, and for others around us.

Today I will take care of me.

 

Novella is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

•                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible


No comments:

Post a Comment