Tuesday, January 3, 2023

NOVELLA


 Pass It Along

The next day Dr. Deb noticed I was a little sad.

“Your father’s birthday is coming up,” she said.

I nodded.

Dr. Deb said, “I hear his voice coming out of Brat Boy’s mouth, that appreciation for every good thing that comes his way.”

I laughed. “He’s a lot like his grandfather.  The world could use a little more of that kind of gratitude and a lot less greed.”

“Blondie has his playful spirit. Part of her will never grow up, and I mean that in a good way.”

I smiled, “Blondie’s serious when she needs to be, but a lot of fun the rest.”

Dr. Deb hugged me and let me think for a moment.

I got her point. “If you pass along the good, you’re never really gone, are you?”

“No, you’re not. And the world is a better place for all the people who miss you.”

 

Today I’ll pass along whatever good has been passed along to me.

 

Novella is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

•                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

No comments:

Post a Comment