Monday, January 30, 2023

Novella

 

Do The Next Right Thing

When I got to work the next day, my code didn’t work on the front entrance.  I went to a side door. My code worked, but the back door to the office suite was locked and I didn’t have that key.

I called building maintenance. They would try to send someone out.

Two hours later I walked into my office.  I looked at my list of deadlines and 2Do’s, and cursed.  

“I am so behind,” I said to my laptop.  

My laptop made a little whirring noise, its way of sighing.

I started worrying about how much I couldn’t get done, but stopped myself.

“Do the Next Right Thing,” I said, quoting an AA slogan.  I didn’t get everything done, but a little of my anxiety melted away with each thing I did.

 

Today I will Do the Next Right Thing.

 

Novella is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

•                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible


No comments:

Post a Comment