Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Novella

 

Coconut Bars Aren’t Kayaks, but…

At the end of a long day, I said to my laptop, “Maybe I should treat myself now and then, because why not?”

‘I think I’m going to treat myself,” I texted Dr. Deb as I walked to my car.

‘Finally going to get that kayak?’ Dr. Deb asked. I had been looking at fishing kayaks for years but couldn’t seem to pull the trigger on buying one.

‘I’m gonna get coconut bars from the fancy schmancy bakery.’

Laughing emoji. ‘I think you deserve a kayak, but I guess coconut bars are OK.’

I texted back, ‘You don’t have to tie them to your roof, and you’re unlikely to drown while eating one.’

Smiling emoji, ‘Blueberry muffin, please.’ I got her two.

 

Today I will treat myself.

 

Novella is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

•                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible


No comments:

Post a Comment