Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Novella

Life on Life’s #$%@# Terms

Some days don’t go according to plan. The next day, I’d forgotten to set my alarm, slept in.

After I replaced a flat tire, I left my laptop at home and had to return from work to get it. By the time I got back I forgot all about the conference call I’d set up.  I was too busy crying over the broken Keurig.

The afternoon didn’t go much better.

“Life on life’s terms,” I said to my laptop. “You have to accept things aren’t always going to go your way.”

I said it, but I wasn’t really feeling it. I’d let petty annoyances seem like major issues.

I got a call just before I left that put things in perspective.

Today I will accept life on life’s terms.

Novella is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

•                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

 

No comments:

Post a Comment