Friday, January 27, 2023

Novella

Oldies But Goodies

That night I watched a movie with Dr. Deb, remembering when we were young and broke. TV movies were the only entertainment we could afford.

Now that we could go out, we stayed home, never getting tired of each other’s company.

 My phone buzzed. I laughed out loud as I traded insulting texts with an old friend.  Friends got old, but some friendships never did.

The cat curled up on my lap. His purring was one of the most soothing sounds I’d ever heard.  He was getting old, but his relaxing presence wasn’t.

There were things in life that got old quickly. I was grateful for all the good parts that didn’t.


Today I’ll be grateful for things that don’t get old.


Novella is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

•                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

 

No comments:

Post a Comment