Friday, January 13, 2023

Novella

 

“Chinchilla, chinchilla, chin, chin, cheree…”

Two minutes later I got a text from Sam. He said I was right. Raising ferrets was a bad idea. He was going to breed chinchillas.

I started to text him back, thinking I’d use logic to show him raising chinchillas was every bit as bad an idea as starting a ferret farm in his apartment.

Deep down, I knew I was wasting my time. I’d made my point with the ferrets. Time to let it go, before arguing ruined my day.

I ignored the text, and looked into groups that helped find homes for chinchillas.

I started thinking of other things I needed to let go; petty resentments, people pleasing, worry about the future, etc.

Today I will let go of something.

 

Novella is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

•                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible


No comments:

Post a Comment