Monday, January 9, 2023

Novella

 

Just A Moment

When I was done writing, I took a moment to savor that small success, glad I hadn’t let frustration stop me.

I knew people who got things done, but never seemed to get any satisfaction from it. They moved from one project to the next, scampering past any sense of accomplishment.

I thought they were cheating themselves.

I didn’t want to sprain my arm patting myself on the back. I also didn’t want to stop the moving forward on the next project, but I thought I deserved a moment of satisfaction.

I thought of all the people I knew in recovery. I hoped they found a little satisfaction in staying sober one day, whether it was their first day, or their 10,000th.

 

Today I’ll find a moment’s satisfaction before I move on.

 

Novella is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

•                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

No comments:

Post a Comment