Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Novella

Three Questions

I got out my laptop to finish up some paperwork, but wasn’t really feeling it. I sighed. The dog stirred and turned to look at me.

“I get it,” I said. “Ask myself the three questions.”

I had three questions I tried to ask myself when I was deciding to do or not do something.

What will happen if I do this?

What would happen if everyone did this?

What if this became a habit?

The paperwork could wait until tomorrow.  People not taking work home with them might be a good thing for families. Leaving work at work wouldn’t be such a bad habit to get into.

I’d asked myself the same questions about drinking again. Most likely I’d be drinking heavily in no time. If everyone relapsed, the highways would be filled with drunk people. I’d return to a habit that almost killed me.

I put away my laptop and scratched the dog’s ears.

“Thanks for reminding me about the three questions,” I told her.

 

Today I will remember the three questions.

  

Novella is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

•                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

 

No comments:

Post a Comment