Thursday, January 5, 2023

Novella

 

Dogs, Cats, & Cursing

The next day I planned to work on the novella.

Just as I got comfortable in my writing chair, the dog barked to be let out.  I cursed, but got up and took her outside.

I settled back in my chair, and started writing. Five minutes later the dog barked again. We went outside for round two. She took fifteen minutes to find just the right spot.

When I sat back down, the cat coughed up a furball, his breakfast, and a rubber band.  I cursed again as I cleaned up the mess.

The phone rang. I thought I recognized the number, but it was a house buying scam.

I felt that ‘to hell with it’ feeling sink over me. I started to close my computer.

I thought of the people I’d seen give up on things because of minor irritations.  They always regretted doing so.

“I’m not gonna let frustration stop me,” I said to my laptop.  I wrote a page and a half.

 

Today I won’t let frustration stop me.

 

Novella is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

•                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible


No comments:

Post a Comment