Friday, January 20, 2023

Novella

 

Try, Try, Try Again

“You’ve been staring at that laptop for fifteen minutes,” Dr. Deb said as we sat on the couch.

“Has it been that long?”

“At least.”

I sighed. “The first chapter of the novella reads like a short-story. The smart thing to do would be to submit it to a magazine.”

“So why don’t you?”

“Because there’s a good chance it will be rejected everywhere I send it.”

“But if you don’t submit, there’s no chance you’ll get published.”

She had a point.

“But,” I started to say, drawing a blank.  

“And if you hadn’t risked rejection, you never would have asked me out.”

“I knew you were going to say yes,” I said, knowing that wasn’t quite the truth.

Her eyes didn’t roll out of her head, but it was close. It had taken me months to work up the courage to approach her.

“Even though you knew getting sober was going to be a struggle, you tried. If you hadn’t, where would you be right now?”

I got her point. You have to at least try.

 

Today I will try.

 

Novella is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

•                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

No comments:

Post a Comment