Thursday, December 4, 2014

Friday
December 5, 2014


Beauty
At the break, Martell put his granddaughter's drawing on the refrigerator in the break room.  "If anyone can guess what this, I'll buy them lunch," he said, laughing. People guessed monster, bearskin rug, vacuum cleaner, space ship, and a platypus.  "It's a roast piggy bank." He pointed to a circle over a circle.  "This is the snout and this is the apple in the piggy bank's mouth."
"I never would have guessed that," I said. "No offense."
"No offense taken.  I had no idea either until my wife told me.  It's still beautiful to me, and that's what counts."

Today I will be grateful beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Relapse Prevention Group © 2014 by Ken Montrose

Greenbriar publications are available at:

No comments:

Post a Comment