Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Wednesday
December 17, 2014


Waiting
Only Martell and Kim had escaped the weekend unscathed.  Martell had gotten a call from his boss saying they might have found a way to get Martell his old job back.  Kim had spent a quiet weekend with her father and stepmother.
"I'm sorry you had such a tough weekend," she said to the group.  "I spent the weekend with my father and stepmother in upstate New York.  My stepmother and I went shopping together in the village.  Everywhere we went, people were glad to see her." She choked up a little, struggled to find her voice, and added, "I had forgotten how much I loved being with her, how happy she makes everyone."
"You look sorta sad for someone who had such a happy weekend," Martell said as he handed her the tissue box. 
"Every time I get sober I see how much she's aged while I was drinking.  Same for my father.  I'm afraid they will pass away while I'm trying to get my act together."

Today I will remember:
people are under no obligation to wait for me to get my act together.

Relapse Prevention Group © 2014 by Ken Montrose

Greenbriar publications are available at:

Today's Freebies
Free Kindle versions of the following  are available at: http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S:
  • Heroin, Oxycontin, & Other Opiates: Breaking your addiction to them
  • Home Groupies (a daily meditations book in the form of a novella)
  • Meditations for the First 30 Days: How not to become roadkill on the highway to recovery
  • My Favorite Character Defects: The next workbook written by your Addiction  

No comments:

Post a Comment