Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Thursday
January 11, 2014


Kind Hearts
Michelle said, "I have this fantasy where my husband has a second heart attack and God whispers in his ear, 'this is what you get for cheating on Michelle.'"  The group laughed, except Julie.
"He could die if he had a second heart attack," she said quietly.
"Julie," Michelle said, "I'm mostly kidding.  I don't really want to see him die.  I'm just angry. He betrayed me."
"I'm sorry," Julie said.  "I know this group is about holding people accountable.  Ken's always talking about facing hard truths, and not glossing over people's bad behavior.  But, I just can't help feeling bad for the man.  He shouldn't have cheated on Michelle, but he almost died all alone."
"You have a kind heart," Seal said. "Don't be sorry for that."
"Somebody's got balance out Mr. Cold and Responsible here," Tony said, gesturing in my direction.  Most of the group echoed that sentiment.  I took my lumps with a smile
"Seal's right," I said. "Don't be sorry for your kind heart.  The world needs more kind hearts." 

Today I will be grateful for the kind hearts.

Relapse Prevention Group © 2014 by Ken Montrose

Greenbriar publications are available at:

No comments:

Post a Comment