Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Wednesday
December 3, 2014


The last ray
"My dad was a little better," Martell told the group.  "He said 'I know you!' when I walked in the room.  Didn't remember I was his son, but he did remember I had been there before."
"That means a lot to you, doesn't it?" Seal asked.
"I know it's not much, but it's something.  Just once more I'd like him to call me 'son,' but I doubt that's gonna happen."
"What was he like?" Roger asked.
"He was big in the union, took part in the civil rights movement, everybody knew him.  He was the sun." Martell smiled and shook his head. "He was the sun," he said again.
"This must be so hard for you," Seal said.
"Sometimes.  But mostly, it's like watching the sun set on a cloudy day.  The brightest ray of light is the one that breaks through between the clouds and the horizon."    


Today I will be grateful for the very last ray of light.
Relapse Prevention Group © 2014 by Ken Montrose

Greenbriar publications are available at:

No comments:

Post a Comment