Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Thursday
December 18, 2014


Appreciation
Martell was the last to share. He couldn’t believe how far out on a limb his company and his union had gone for him.
“I violated the safety rules,” Martell said, shaking his head. “Then I got addicted to painkillers.  Can’t believe they still want me back.”
“How many years did you work there?” I asked.
“I’ve been there twenty-eight years.  Worked my way up through the ranks.  I was floor supervisor when I got hurt.  That’s part of the reason the insurance company was so put off.  They said the floor supervisor should know the safety rules.  The bosses and the union must have really called in some favors, twisted a few arms.”
I asked Martell why they would do that for him.  Martell was a modest man, but little by little I was able to drag out of him reasons his company would want him back. 
“It’s not the kind of place where they pat you on the back,” he said.  “Nice to know they appreciated what I did all those years.”
“Shame it took an accident for you to find out how much you were appreciated,” Tony said.

Today I will let someone know I appreciate their efforts.

  Relapse Prevention Group © 2014 by Ken Montrose

Greenbriar publications are available at:

Today's Freebies
Free Kindle versions of the following  are available at: http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S:
  • Heroin, Oxycontin, & Other Opiates: Breaking your addiction to them
  • Home Groupies (a daily meditations book in the form of a novella)
  • Meditations for the First 30 Days: How not to become roadkill on the highway to recovery
  • My Favorite Character Defects: The next workbook written by your Addiction  

No comments:

Post a Comment