Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Thursday
December 4, 2014


Irony in motion
"What's up with you?" I asked Roger.
"My daughter graduated from high school with highest honors.  I know this because her picture was in the paper.  Do you know who my wife took to the awards dinner? My ex-$%#*&^-girlfriend!  My youngest daughter, the only one who'll even text me, says the two have a lot in common.  They both hate me.  They both feel foolish for having been duped by me. And, they like to plan their revenge together."
"Your wife isn't a little angry, maybe jealous about the affair you had with this woman?" Julie asked.
"Apparently they've gotten past the jealousy part by constantly joking about my alleged quirks and shortcomings.  My ex-wife and my ex-girlfriend have become best buddies.  How's that for bitter &^%$#@ irony!"
"Irony has to be set in motion," I said.  "You lied to your girlfriend about being married while you stole from your kids and your employer.  I'd say you gave irony a big push down a steep hill."
Roger stormed from the group room.

Today I'll try not to do anything to set irony in motion.

Relapse Prevention Group © 2014 by Ken Montrose

Greenbriar publications are available at:

No comments:

Post a Comment