Monday, December 22, 2014

Tuesday
December 23, 2014


Ummm
That night I was sitting at home thinking about Tony and his painful revelations. My heart broke for Julie even though I thought her husband was doing the right thing.   
After a while I closed my eyes and cleared my mind. 
“Whatcha doing Daddy?” my daughter asked when she came home.
“Having an ummm moment.”
“What’s an ummm moment?”
“An ummm moment is when I put aside the sadness of the day and sink into my chair.  It’s gratitude and mindfulness wrapped in quiet.  It’s like I’m saying ‘today was tough, tomorrow may be tougher, but ummm, right now is OK.”

Today I will be grateful for ummm moments.

Relapse Prevention Group © 2014 by Ken Montrose

Greenbriar publications are available at:

Today's Freebie
My Plan to Ruin Your Life: The first workbook written by your Addiction
available for Kindle at http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

No comments:

Post a Comment