Wednesday, October 5, 2016

53. Be Who You Are, Even If You’re a Dog
Street Sign brought his dog RuhRoh to that evening’s AA meeting. The dog had a scar across his muzzle, and a torn ear.  He was missing a patch of fur on his hindquarters.  When I scratched his back, he turned his head to lick my hand, his tail wagging furiously.

The first time we met, I had expected RuhRoh to be skittish.  Street Sign had told me RuhRoh was abused by a previous owner. “But he doesn’t let people who’ve hurt him define him,” Street Sign said with a chuckle.  “He’s a dog who loves people, no matter what some jackass did to him.”

Today I won’t let the people who’ve hurt me define me.


Life on Life's Terms III (c) 2016 by Ken Montrose

Life on Life's Terms III is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


No comments:

Post a Comment