Monday, October 31, 2016

71. Not Making the Cut
Anne poked her head in my door, looked at me, looked Howard, and said, “Men. You all suck.”

 “I’m not disagreeing,” Howard said, “but what makes you say that?”

“I looked up my baby’s daddy on Facebook.  He’s married.  Has adorable twin boys and a beautiful wife.  He never mentioned them while he bought me drinks that night.”

“What are you going to do?” I asked.

“I thought about getting drunk.  Then I thought about murder, maybe castration and murder, maybe murder by castration.”

“Let’s set that aside for now,” I said. “You’ve heard the expression ‘first things first’?”

Anne nodded, and said, “I’m going to put my daughter first, and since we’re a team, put me first as well.  I’ll stay sober, I won’t smoke, but if it’s in her best interests, I will confront him.”

“You can always cut him later,” Howard said with a smile. 

Today I will put first things first.

Life on Life's Terms III (c) 2016 by Ken Montrose

Life on Life's Terms III is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


No comments:

Post a Comment