Thursday, October 13, 2016

59. Contagious Courage
The next day I noticed the group seemed unsettled.  I asked The Other Ken about it at lunch.

He said, “I don’t know where to start. Margaret slipped, hurt her hip, and need’s the surgery sooner.  She’s scared to death.”

“That sucks,” I said.

“It does. There’s a silver lining. She’s going to have the surgery anyway.  The rest of the group really sees how she’s pushing through her fear.  I think they’re feeding off her courage as they look at their own issues.”

Today I will be grateful for the example set by brave people.



Life on Life's Terms III (c) 2016 by Ken Montrose

Life on Life's Terms III is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


No comments:

Post a Comment