Monday, October 3, 2016

51. Here’s to Lessons Learned Quickly
The Other Ken herded everyone into the group room next to my office.  As he closed the door, I realized I was smiling.  I really liked this group.  I hoped they’d all get clean the first time through rehab, but experience had taught me this was unlikely.  Some would stay clean, but others would relapse a few times before learning they couldn’t drink or use drugs without serious consequences.  One of them was likely to drop out of treatment, and might even die from his or her addiction. 

“Listen up and get it the first time,” I said softly to the back of the door.  “Please.” I made a list of lessons I’d learned quickly, and others I had to learn the hard way, or through repeated failure.

Today I will be grateful for any lesson learned quickly and/or easily.


Life on Life's Terms III (c) 2016 by Ken Montrose

Life on Life's Terms III is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


No comments:

Post a Comment