Thursday, October 20, 2016

64. Phobophobia
I presented a training that afternoon on anxiety and addiction. Part of the training was about phobias.  To my surprise half the room said they were afraid of spiders.  This included two people who had served in the military, a former ER nurse, and a guy who looked like he could bench press my car.

I said I was a little embarrassed to admit I didn’t like being anywhere I couldn’t leave, such as planes, trains, or boats.  “And I pass out sometimes when I get my blood drawn.”

“Don’t be embarrassed,” a young woman said. “Half the country has developed coulrophobia.  Do you know what that is?” I did.


Today I won’t be embarrassed by my fears.    


Life on Life's Terms III (c) 2016 by Ken Montrose

Life on Life's Terms III is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


No comments:

Post a Comment