Tuesday, October 25, 2016

67. Walking
The next day Felix told the group how the nurses had Margaret up and walking three hours after her surgery. 

Howard said, “Here’s what I don’t understand. Margaret had surgery, so right afterwards they got her up and walking.  She had to show she could handle it, that she wouldn’t slip and fall.  My disease, if you want to call it that, developed in a bar.  I think I should go back to the bar to prove I can handle it, that I won’t slip.”

I said, “Going back to work after rehab is like walking after surgery. Both enhance your life.  Going to a bar after rehab is like walking on an icy sidewalk right after a hip replacement.  You should avoid doing either because they won’t enhance your life.  And a slip could be a catastrophe.”

Today I will do things that enhance my life.

Life on Life's Terms III (c) 2016 by Ken Montrose

Life on Life's Terms III is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


No comments:

Post a Comment