Monday, March 27, 2017

2. Small Change
At work the next day somebody called for Max The New Guy. Even though Max cheered for a football team not well-liked around here, I thought I’d better take a message.  I started to scribble a name and number on scrap paper, thinking I’d give it to him when he got in. 
I knew how this story ended. Max would get to work, and I would discover I’d lost the slip of paper.  I’d waste half an hour looking through stacks of paper, my garbage can, and the recycling bin, until I found it.
“Wait a minute,” I said to the caller.  I opened my email, put the phone on my shoulder, and typed the message as the caller spoke.  Done.  Making this small change spared me time and stress.  
At the end of the message I added, “It’s the NFL off-season. Now is the time to leave the dark side and come into the light...”
Today I will start with small changes.

Time for a Change ©2017 by Ken Montrose
Time for a Change is a work of fiction. Any similarities between the characters and anyone you might know is pure coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com

No comments:

Post a Comment