Tuesday, March 28, 2017

3. The Ability to Change the Things I Can
Later, I handed Max The New Guy the message.  He made a face like he’d found a fingernail at the bottom of his soup bowl. “You don’t remember him?” I shook my head. “Tall, thin, balding.  Knows everything about OCPD, but can’t seem to stop being a controlling, perfectionistic, pain.  Knows that’s why his wife left him. Alcoholic you found crying in the lobby. He was one of my first clients.”
Somewhere deep in my head an old brain cell woke up and flooded my memory with sadness and anger.  I’d never met anyone more aware of the need to change, more determined to change, and less successful at making changes than Jameston.
Today I’ll be grateful I can change.

Time for a Change ©2017 by Ken Montrose
Time for a Change is a work of fiction. Any similarities between the characters and anyone you might know is pure coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com

No comments:

Post a Comment