Monday, March 20, 2017

64. Not That Stupid
After work, The Other Ken, Max The New Guy, Miss Rella, and I went to Gerry’s viewing.  As we stood in front of the casket, Gerry’s father stumbled up to us and said, “You did this.”

When I got home I told my wife about our encounter. “I wanted to punch him,” I said. 

She said, “That would have been stupid.  Be glad you didn’t.”

“I never would have hit him.   I could have done a lot of other stupid things, starting with telling him off, in front of all his family and friends, standing at his son’s coffin.” 

“Be glad you didn’t do that either.  Anything else?”

“I didn’t break my toe kicking something. Didn’t yell at the girl in McDonalds who got my order wrong.  Didn’t give the finger to the guy tailgating me all the way down Route 19.”  I hugged my wife and added, “Didn’t try to lift my spirits by running off with some smoking hot, twenty-five year old.”  At this my wife laughed. “It could happen,” I said, smiling.  She couldn’t stop laughing.

Today I’ll be grateful for all the stupid things I didn’t do.

Needles Not For Knitting is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Needles Not For Knitting (c) 2017 by Ken Montrose


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: http://www.amazon.com/Ken-Montrose/e/B001K8MG0S

No comments:

Post a Comment