Sunday, March 19, 2017

63. Pick a Challenge

When I got home, Brat Boy noticed I seemed a little down. He said,   “You need a distraction, Dad.  How about car shopping.  Have you seen the new Corvette?”

I said, “Buying  a ‘Vette.  That’s a cheery thought. I’d have to get another job to buy one.  Do you have any idea what it would cost to insure a Corvette for sixteen-year-old new driver?”

“Consider it a challenge, Dad.  Think of the pride you’d feel watching me drive away in brand new red Corvette. That's the kind of challenge guaranteed to lift your spirits.”

“Here’s a challenge, take a 2005 Nissan Altima with 215,000 miles.  Keep it running until it hits 250K. Drive it to the gym every day to work on your skills. Stay on the honor roll. That’s a challenge, one you and I can conquer together, son.”

Brat Boy laughed and shook his head, “I can’t decide if you’re just old, or you really have no soul, Dad.”

Today I will pick a challenge wisely.

Needles Not For Knitting is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Needles Not For Knitting (c) 2017 by Ken Montrose

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

http://www.amazon.com/Ken-Montrose/e/B001K8MG0S

No comments:

Post a Comment