Tuesday, March 21, 2017

65. HALT
“Time for you to go to bed,” my wife said. “Today sucked out all your energy.”
“It did, but it’s only 9:30,” I said.
“What’s that AA slogan? HALT? Don’t let yourself get too Hungry, Angry, Lonely, or Tired?  I’d say you’re tired and angry.  Time to get some rest.  You can deal with your anger tomorrow.”
I knew she was right, but I said, “I’m a grown man, I’ll go to bed when I’m ready to go to bed.” Two minutes later I said, “OK, I’m ready.”

Today I will remember HALT.


Needles Not For Knitting is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Needles Not For Knitting (c) 2017 by Ken Montrose


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: http://www.amazon.com/Ken-Montrose/e/B001K8MG0S

No comments:

Post a Comment