Tuesday, March 7, 2017

56. Ready?
“I hear you’re leaving us soon,” I said. “You feel ready?”
“I’m fairly sure I’m ready,” Gerry said, “but I’m not absolutely certain. ‘Course, if I’d waited until I was certain to start rehab, I’d still be drinking.”
“Me too. My first month sober I spent every day wondering if I was really ready to quit.  Glad I did.”
“One of my uncles spent twenty years with a woman he hated ‘cause he wasn’t sure he was ready to divorce her,” Gerry said.  “She divorced him and got just about everything, including the dog.”  


Today I’ll move forward when I’m fairly sure, not waiting until I’m absolutely certain.

Needles Not For Knitting is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Needles Not For Knitting (c) 2017 by Ken Montrose

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

http://www.amazon.com/Ken-Montrose/e/B001K8MG0S

No comments:

Post a Comment