Monday, March 6, 2017

56. On Socrates and Sharknado

“Every time I walk by, you’re staring at the computer,” Gerry said, stopping in my doorway at the end of the next day.  “Doing some serious reading?”

I said, “This morning it was opioid addiction research studies. So yes, serious stuff.   In the afternoon I was looking for a quote. I ended up reading some of the great philosophers.   More serious reading – some of it was a little hard to follow.”

“See that’s why I think you recovered. You’re a serious guy.  I’m not sure I have that in me.”

I laughed. “With any luck, my son will be done with his homework when I get home.  We will watch as mindless a movie as we can find.  Something with flying sharks, or zombie zoo animals.  Anything with no message, moral, or serious plot.  I think recovery is about balance.   I read a lot. To balance it out I’m gonna watch something like the fourth installment of Sharknado.” 

Today I will look for balance,
and carry and umbrella and shark repellent, just in case.

Needles Not For Knitting is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Needles Not For Knitting (c) 2017 by Ken Montrose

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

http://www.amazon.com/Ken-Montrose/e/B001K8MG0S

No comments:

Post a Comment