Wednesday, March 15, 2017

61. Boom
Most days the rehab is a funny, inspiring, hopeful place to be. Some days the bombs go off.

“Actually, I wanted to talk to your colleague, but you should know too,” Gerry’s uncle Harold said when I answered the phone. “Gerry and his mother passed away on Monday.  We’re waiting to hear from the coroner, but it looks like they overdosed on wine, painkillers, and Valium.” Boom.

I expressed my condolences and transferred the call to The Other Ken.  Twenty minutes later I was still staring out the window when I got a text from The Boss.


I will enjoy today. I don’t know what tomorrow brings.


Needles Not For Knitting is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Needles Not For Knitting (c) 2017 by Ken Montrose

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

http://www.amazon.com/Ken-Montrose/e/B001K8MG0S

No comments:

Post a Comment