Thursday, October 19, 2017

Monday, February 3rd, 2020

Second Chance
On Mondays I usually talked to Jack, but he didn’t answer my call. I got a message from MaryJo telling me she’d gotten my email address from our website. She hoped I didn’t mind her contacting me. I told her it was good to hear from her.  

MaryJo asked me if I could reach out to Rudy. I told her I’d rather drink coffee until my hands shook, and then give myself a vasectomy riding in the back of a pickup down a bumpy road.

She typed ‘HaHaHa’, thinking I was joking. ‘He doesn’t understand why you hate him. I know you don’t hate him, but that’s how he thinks.  Could you give him a second chance? Stick out your hand? Be the bigger man.’

My conscience annoyed the hell out of me by listing all the times I’d been given a second chance. I told MaryJo I’d talk to Rudy. I wasn’t going to be his verbal punching bag, but I’d try to start over with him.
Today I’ll give someone a second chance.

2020 Vision ©2017 by Ken Montrose

2020 Vision is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment