Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Sunday, February 2nd, 2020

Getting to the Good Part
My daughter Blondie called me when I got home. She and her fiancé Antpup had both been offered transfers to Bleak, New Mexico.

“It’s a drab, miserable place,” Blondie informed me. “If you have a future with the company, you stay a year and learn the ropes.”

As she spoke, I looked up Bleak on the internet. It was below Hope on the map. A former secret Cold War military base, much of the Corporation’s facility was underground. The Corporation had gotten it for a song. The town of Bleak had sprung up around the site. It consisted of a grocery store, a bar and the town’s only restaurant, a laundromat, an oil change and tire center, and a tattoo parlor. 

“It’s going to be tough,” Blondie added with a sigh, “But worth it over time.”

I said, “It’s like boot camp, training camp, the first year of recovery, and learning to play an instrument. You have to work through the first part to get to the good part.” 

Today I will work through the first part to get to the good part.

2020 Vision ©2017 by Ken Montrose

2020 Vision is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment