Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Tuesday, January 28th, 2020

“To Accept the Things I Cannot Change”
The next day Antpup called me to get my opinion on the wedding plans.

“Antpup,” I said, “A wedding is the vehicle that takes you to marriage. You have to be in the very front of the car, standing tall, leading the way, looking powerful.”

“I’m the engine?” he asked.

“You are the groom, you are the hood ornament. Your job is to look good, not to drive any decisions, steer in any particular direction, or God forbid, slow the vehicle’s progress.  Accept this and the ride will be much smoother.”

“I guess there are worse things to accept.”

“From now ‘til your honeymoon, smile. Nod your head. Be grateful.”

Today I’ll be grateful for things more easily accepted.

2020 Vision ©2017 by Ken Montrose
2020 Vision is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment