Thursday, October 26, 2017

Saturday, February 8th, 2017


Lasers, Tasers, Phasers
As I drove to an AA meeting, Brat Boy called to congratulate me on retiring. He told me how he liked his Physics class. I was a Psychology major. I had no idea what he was saying. Something to do with lasers. Maybe Tasers. Might have been phasers, set on stun. I wasn’t sure, but I couldn’t help but love his excitement.

If he was excited about Physics, he was ecstatic about his girlfriend CharChar’s tennis match. She hadn’t just won, according to Brat Boy, she had crushed her opponent with an amazing backhand.  He couldn’t have been happier for her.

When I got to the meeting, people were gathered around the coffee pot, staring at the little red light, praying for it to turn  green.  An old-timer I knew was complaining about having to wait.
“Phasers and backhands,” I said, smiling. He muttered something about ‘Crazy Ken’ and went back to staring at the coffee pot.

Brat Boy’s excitement had vaccinated me, at least temporarily, against pointless negativity. I thought I owed it to the world to pass on that excitement.

Today I’ll find something to be excited about.

2020 Vision ©2017 by Ken Montrose
2020 Vision is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment