Sunday, October 22, 2017

February 6th, 2020

Writing Your Own Eulogy
A woman from another rehab who attended my trainings came to my retirement party. She asked, “What was the quote about obituaries you had on the old website?”  

“Live each day like it was your eulogy,” I said. “Could be your obituary.”

“What does that mean?” she asked.

“If people had to describe you, based only on what you did today, what would they say?” I asked.

She smiled. “If they saw me at breakfast, they’d say I love my family.  I got to work early, so they’d say I was a hard worker. I brought brownies because I hate skinny people.” She laughed. “Just kidding. I brought brownies because everybody’s been stressed lately. They’d say I’m a team player.” She went on to describe a day she could be proud of.

“You’ve written a great eulogy,” I said.

Today I will live my life like I was writing my eulogy.

2020 Vision ©2017 by Ken Montrose

2020 Vision is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment